- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of South Africa, United States Of America, United Kingdom.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are automatically downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies send data back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or shares data with another website that recognizes that cookie.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. They do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your experience as a user. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of cookies we use
There are three different types of cookies we use:
- Operational cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites (e.g., to enable you to log-in to secure areas of our websites or use a shopping cart). These cookies are necessary for the website to operate properly.
- Insight/Personalization cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use and interact with a website, for instance which pages they go to most often. These cookies also enable us to personalize content, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language, country, or region). These cookies help us improve the way our websites work and provide a better, personalized user experience.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited, and the links you have clicked. They gather information about your browsing habits and remember that you have visited a website. We (and third parties) may use this information to make our websites, content, and advertisements displayed on them more relevant to your interests.
- To find out more about interest-based ads and your choices, visit these sites: Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative, and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Europe.
Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed in the following chart. This list is not exhaustive, but it is intended to illustrate primary reasons for certain types of cookies set by Viva Nation TV and third parties on our websites. Third parties (such as Google) may also set certain cookies on your device when you visit Viva Nation TV websites. In some cases, the third party has been hired to provide certain services on Viva Nation TV’s behalf (e.g., website analytics). In other cases, our websites contain ads from third parties or ads delivered by other ad networks. When your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve content, those third parties may set and use their own cookies on your device.
How long do cookies stay on my device?
Some cookies operate from the time you visit a Viva Nation TV website to the end of that particular web-browsing session. These cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your internet browser. These cookies are called “session” cookies.
Some cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions — they do not expire when you close your browser. These cookies are called “persistent” cookies. The length of time a persistent cookie stays on your device varies from cookie to cookie.
How to control which cookies are set
There are a number of ways you can manage what Insight/Personalization and Advertising cookies are set on you devices. Operational cookies, however, cannot be disabled. If you do not allow certain cookies to be installed, the website may not be accessible to you and/or the performance, features, or services of the website may be compromised.
- Click on thelink above to set your cookie preferences. You will be able to select whether or not to allow Advertising and Insight/Personalization cookies.
- Remember, however, some functionality and features require cookies. Examples of this are site analytics, which requires an “Insight/Personalization” cookie, and promotions, which requires an “Advertising” cookie. If you do not accept certain cookies, your experience on Viva Nation TV websites may not be as robust or personal as it could be.
- Browser Controls
- Another way to manage cookies is through your internet browser’s settings. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our or others’ websites. The following links provide information on how to modify the cookies settings on some popular browsers:
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have recently disabled one or more cookies, we will stop using the disabled cookies to collect any further information. However, we may still use information collected from such cookies prior to your “disable” preference being set.
Our use of Web Beacons
Viva Nation TV web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes called “clear GIFs”, “single-pixel GIFs”, or “web bugs”. Web beacons are used to deliver cookies on our websites, count clicks/users/visitors, and deliver co-branded content or services. We may include web beacons in our promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Viva Nation TV websites may also contain web beacons from third parties to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other website operations. These web beacons may allow the third parties to set or read cookies on your device.
Other Similar Technologies
In addition to the aforementioned cookies and web beacons, Viva Nation TV websites also use other technologies to store and retrieve data from your device. This may be done to maintain your preferences or to improve speed and performance by storing certain files locally. These technologies include Local Shared Objects (or “Flash cookies”) and Silverlight Application Storage.
- Local Shared Objects or “Flash cookies.” Websites that use Adobe Flash technologies may use Local Shared Objects or “Flash cookies” to store data on your device. Note that the ability to clear Flash cookies may or may not be controlled by your browser setting for standard cookies as that may vary by browser. To manage or block Flash cookies, go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
- Silverlight Application Storage. Websites or applications that use Microsoft Silverlight technology also have the ability to store data by using Silverlight Application Storage. To learn how to manage or block such storage, visit Silverlight.
Do Not Track Signals
There is no uniform or consistent standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. At this time Viva Nation TV websites do not function differently based a user’s Do Not Track signal. For more information on Do Not Track signals, see All About Do Not Track.